Nominations for IWA Fellow 2016 are Open
Recognising sustained outstanding contribution to the profession, IWA Fellows are nominated for their significant contributions as an engineer, educator, utility manager, regulator, researcher, engineer, scientist, or as a technical leader. This recognition is based on past contributions to the water industry in general and IWA in particular, and for the nominee’s commitment to continued professional contributions in the future, specially through their active participation in IWA activities.
The nomination process for IWA Fellow 2016 is now open.
As a Nominator, you must be IWA members. You can propose any other IWA member (who has been an IWA member for a period of five consecutive years or more) as an IWA Fellow. Self-nominations are not accepted. To start the nomination, please confirm the willingness of the nominee to serve, and prepare the following documents for the nomination.
- 2016 IWA Fellow Nomination Form which must include basic information about him/herself, the Nominee and the References.
- Letters of Support. The Nominator gathers minimum of THREE supporting letters for the nominee. Letters from supporters from different organizations and countries are encouraged.
As a Nominee, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Self-Statement: Stating that they are in agreement to be nominated for this award; they have read and agree with the requirements defined in the IWA Fellows Guidance Document; listing their past participation in specific IWA related activities (one of the most important criteria being considered); and stating their intention to continue contributing to the Association through their work as an IWA Fellow.
- IWA Fellow Proposed Activity Plan: This document allows the Nominee to summarize the specific contributing activities they intend to carry on as an IWA Fellow. Examples of these activities and the corresponding template for plan submission can be downloaded here.
- CV/Resume. Not to exceed 5 pages, summarizing educational and professional qualifications and experiences
To complete the nomination, please send ALL requested materials above as separate files in ONE EMAIL to email@example.com by 30 April 2016.
- An IWA Fellow must have made outstanding contributions to IWA and distinguished contributions to the advancement of water science and technology as an educator, a practitioner, a utility manager, a regulator, a researcher, engineer, a scientist or as a technical leader, etc.
- This recognition is not only for past achievements. An IWA Fellow is expected to continue his/her professional contribution actively in the future, and to demonstrate the contribution to society of IWA members.
- At the time of the nomination, the Nominee must have been an IWA member for a period of five consecutive years or more, including the year of evaluation.
Nominations are reviewed by the IWA Fellows Steering Committee; their recommendations are sent to the IWA Board of Directors for approval.
If you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To renew your 2016 membership, please login to IWA Connect.
Interested in what IWA Fellows do? Read an IWA Fellow story featured in The Source magazine.