IWA Fellows and IWA Distinguished Fellows are members of a unique community comprising global water professionals with international recognition; known for their guidance and leadership in the world of water science, technology and management in the water sector as it continues to evolve.
The aim of this Fellowship is to recognise the impact of particular individuals on the water profession and sector, and to provide leadership and mentorship to a trans-disciplinary community empowered to combine together various leading-edge scientific breakthroughs, technological developments and creative mind sets from the various IWA groups.
IWA Fellows are recognised professionals who have made outstanding contributions to the national and regional water sector, as well as to IWA. This peer recognition is done through rigorous review of the past contributions to the sector and IWA, and for the nominee’s commitment to continued significant professional contributions in the future, by actively participating in IWA activities at international, regional and national levels. These can easily be identified in a Fellows Activity Plan as being beyond the regular level of activity for members. The IWA fellows recognition is for 5 years, after which the fellowship can be renewed.
IWA Distinguished Fellow designation is an honorific recognition limited in number, and is for IWA Fellows who have been recognised for their long-term (at least 10 years) extraordinary contributions to the global water sector and leadership role performed in supporting IWA’s mission and objectives. The IWA Distinguished Fellows are recognised primarily for their long-term past achievements and the recognition is based on peer recognition of the past achievements in the water sector.
Role of an IWA Fellow
The initial appointment of an IWA Fellow is for 5 years. During this time, a Fellow will support IWA’s mission and leadership in the implementation of the organisation’s Strategic Plan by:
- Representing IWA expertise at relevant opportunities and presenting themselves as an IWA Fellow
- Promoting IWA; supporting the network’s growth, increasing the engagement of its members, supporting the delivery of quality events, and disseminating its thought leadership.
- Fulfilling the expectations outlined in their Fellows Activity Plan and report to IWA the progress on its implementation
- Participating (remotely or in person) in scheduled IWA Fellows meetings.
- Adhering to the highest ethical standards of professional work.
- Adhering to the Membership code of conduct
Role of IWA Distinguished Fellow
The appointment of a Distinguished Fellow is for life. During this time, a Distinguished Fellow will support IWA’s mission and leadership in the implementation of the organisation’s strategic plan.
A Distinguished Fellow would be expected to participate in the following activities as appropriate:
- Acknowledgement and recognition of IWA at international level to advance the aims and reputation of IWA and the professional standing of its members and corporate partners.
- Represent IWA at relevant opportunities and present themselves as an IWA Distinguished Fellow.
- Promotion of IWA; supporting the network’s growth, increasing the engagement of its members (through leading its communities / specialist groups), supporting the delivery of quality events, and leading content development and disseminating its thought leadership.
- Providing leadership in enhancing the linkage between IWA and local professional water science and management activities and introducing more local experiences to the international communities.
- Make key contributions, such as take on a mentor role or offer expertise / knowledge at IWA Young Water Professionals conferences, editorials in IWA media, development of opinion or position papers, and chair sessions at conferences
For IWA Fellows and IWA Distinguished Fellows, keep up-to-date with these communities on IWA Connect Plus, the global platform of water professionals!
Full List Of IWA Fellows
IWA Fellow Steering Committee
Other Steering Committee Members:
|Jules van Lier||Professor, Delft University of Technology||Netherlands|
|Xiaochang Wang||Professor, Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology||China|
|Katerina Schilling||Communication and Program Manager, IAWD||Austria|
IWA Distinguished Fellows