Join the IWA Young Water Professionals Steering Committee 2022-2024
We are looking for passionate, motivated IWA members (aged 35 and below) to lead the IWA Young Water Professionals (YWP) Community!
Join the YWP Steering Committee (Emerging Water Leaders)!
The IWA YWP Community renews its Steering Committee every 2 years (aligned with the IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition). This is a representative body of young members (35 and below) that will provide advice to the association about the appropriate ways to serve young professionals’ needs, and actively leads its community to contribute to IWA’s activities at the national and international level. The Committee also provides regional representation for young IWA members and actively pursues opportunities to contribute to the IWA network.
Your opportunity to engage!
This is your opportunity to make an impact on YWP around the world and ensure that members of the IWA YWP Community are highly regarded as a valid part of IWA’s solutions and appreciated in the water sector.
Benefits for you
You will advance yourself professionally, gaining international exposure – building your network with young and senior professionals (being connected to IWA senior leaders), developing new skills specific to the positions. You will have the opportunity to influence and lead large meetings, workshops, and forums organised by IWA YWP Steering Committee and YWP members.
Interested? Here’s what to do:
You can read the detailed Terms of Reference and apply for the positions that have been opened:
- Strategic Advisory (2 positions)
- Specialist Group – YWP coordination (2 positions)
- YWP Chapter Coordination (2 positions)
- YWP Events and Communications (2 positions)
- Career Building (2 positions)
Are you eligible?
Here are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Committee:
- Have been an IWA Member with an active membership for at least 1 year
- 35 years old or younger upon election (June 2022)
- Fulfil the criteria per role (as per described below)
The specific roles have their own additional eligibility. Make sure to check the Guidance Document for more information.
- Early April: Call for Nominations
- End of April: Submission deadline
- Early May: IWA Secretariat checks eligibility
- Mid-May: Nominations Committee puts voting forward (ensuring gender/geographical/age/ background diversity)
- End of May: end of the voting period
- End of May: Nominations Committee presents voting process outcomes to the Governance and Nominations Committee
- June Board meeting: recommendation is presented to the IWA Board.
How can you apply?
- Prepare an up-to-date CV (2 pages) detailing education, work experience, voluntary experience, and skills;
- Fill in the application form (attach your CV to the form);
- Apply before 07 May 2022.
This is a volunteer position and does not include any form of work agreement. If you have any questions regarding this volunteer opportunity, please contact Isabela Espindola, IWA Membership Engagement Officer.
Not an IWA Member yet? Join IWA today – find out more about IWA membership.