IWA Water and Development Congress & Exhibition 2023
The International Water Association is pleased to announce that the next edition of the Water and Development Congress & Exhibition will take place on 10-14 December 2023 in Kigali, Rwanda and that details of the call for submissions are now available.
With an overarching theme of water, sanitation, and climate resilience – keys to a water-wise future, the 2023 edition will present solutions spanning water and sanitation services, the role of water in urban areas, the links between cities and basins, and the opportunities to achieve climate resilience.
Huge investments are being directed towards water and sanitation infrastructure, particularly in the Global South, and the event will encourage participants to share knowledge on innovations in science and practice, highlighting the opportunities of securing new and effective solutions in water and sanitation policy, technology, and management.
The Water and Development Congress & Exhibition 2023 will deliver a comprehensive programme focused on the water-related needs of low- and middle-income countries, and the Call for Submissions is now available.
The programme will provide a unique platform for water professionals to present and share their recent findings and insights. Key topics set to be discussed include:
- Circular economy
- Climate smart approaches to water and sanitation
- Digital transformation
- Intermittent water supply and the quest for 24/7
- Inclusive urban sanitation
- Inclusiveness and equality
- Innovation in technology and policy
- Nature-based solutions in supply, sanitation, and stormwater
- Partnerships and multi-stakeholder collaboration
- Water and sanitation safety plans
We invite you to submit your proposal to participate!
Details of the call for submissions for technical papers and workshops are now available, and the event programme will be built around five broad thematic tracks:
- Drinking water treatment and supply
- Wastewater treatment and sanitation services
- Integrated water management and planning
- Utility management and operation
- Governance and finance.
The Call for Submissions is available for download. Check the submission requirements, download the relevant template, and you can submit your proposal online until 30 April 2023. waterdevelopmentcongress.org