Nominations for IWA Fellowship are open!
Do you know:
- any engineer, educator, utility manager, regulator, researcher, scientist, communicator or leader who has dedicated their lives to solving the global water issues?
- Who is an IWA member?
- Who has made outstanding contributions to the national and regional water sector, as well as within the IWA?
If so, submit your nominations now or before 12 April 2020! The call for nominations for IWA Fellows and IWA Distinguished Fellows is open from 24 February 2020.
The International Water Association seeks to develop a unique trans-disciplinary community of global water professionals who carry international recognition and can be presented as the highest rated and best known water professionals worldwide. Consequently, it is pertinent that we observe an individual member’s contribution to the water profession and to delivering the IWA mission of creating a water-wise world.
Should your nominee be selected as an IWA Fellow, their appointment is for 5 years. Their support of IWA’s mission and leadership in the implementation of the organisation’s Strategic Plan entails:
- Representing IWA expertise at relevant opportunities and presenting themselves as an IWA Fellow
- Promoting IWA; supporting the network’s growth, increasing the engagement of its members, supporting the delivery of quality events, and disseminating its thought leadership.
- Fulfilling the expectations outlined in their Fellows Activity Plan and report to IWA the progress on its implementation
- Participating (remotely or in person) in scheduled IWA Fellows meetings
- Adhering to the highest ethical standards of professional work
- Adhering to the Membership code of conduct
How the nomination process works
As a NOMINATOR, you must be an IWA member without any affiliation to the individual, or the organisation/company of the nominee. The NOMINEE must meet the Eligibility Criteria. All applications are made on a confidential basis. Nominations must be submitted via this form.
- Call for Nominations open – 24 February
- Nomination Submission – Deadline 12 April
- Review of Nominations by external Committee – April – June
- Notification of Selected Fellows – Mid June – Mid July
Presentation of IWA Fellowship at the IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition
IWA fellows will be recognised at a special ceremony at the IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition in Copenhagen, Denmark on 18 October 2020.
To read more about the eligibility and judging criteria click here.