Call for Nominations of IWA Distinguished Fellows (2020) now open!
DEADLINE EXTENSION for IWA Fellow and Distinguished Fellow Nominations till 30 April
The designation of the IWA Distinguished Fellow is reserved for IWA Fellows who have made extraordinary long-term (at least 10 years) contributions to the global water sector and held leadership roles performed in support of IWA’s mission and objectives.
Do you know an IWA Fellow with a longstanding career and impact in the global water sector?
If so, submit your nominations now or before 30 April 2020! The call for nominations for IWA Distinguished Fellows is open from 24 February 2020.
As an IWA Distinguished Fellow, your role includes:
- Acknowledgement and recognition of IWA at international level to advance the aims and reputation of IWA and the professional standing of its members and corporate partners.
- Represent IWA at relevant opportunities and present themselves as an IWA Distinguished Fellow.
- Promotion of IWA; supporting the network’s growth, increasing the engagement of its members (through leading its communities / specialist groups), supporting the delivery of quality events, and leading content development and disseminating its thought leadership.
- Providing leadership in enhancing the linkage between IWA and local professional water science and management activities and introducing more local experiences to the international communities.
- Make key contributions, such as take on a mentor role or offer expertise / knowledge at IWA Young Water Professionals conferences, editorials in IWA media, development of opinion or position papers, and chair sessions at conferences
How the nomination process works
As a NOMINATOR, you must be an IWA Fellow or an IWA Distinguished Fellow. The NOMINEE must meet the Eligibility Criteria. All applications are made on a confidential basis. Nominations must be submitted via this link.
- Call for Nominations open – 24 February
- Nomination Submission – Deadline extended to 30 April
- Review of Nominations by external Committee – April – June
- Notification of Selected Fellows – Mid June – Mid July
Presentation of IWA Fellowship at the IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition
IWA fellows will be recognised at a special ceremony at the IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition in Copenhagen, Denmark on 18 October 2020.
To read more about the eligibility and judging criteria click here.