IWA Awards set for Digital World Water Congress
The upcoming Digital World Water Congress is set to play host to IWA’s 2021 Awards. The awards, held every two years, recognise the outstanding achievements of IWA members and water sector professionals.
The first four awards mentioned below will be announced during the opening ceremony, while the membership awards will be announced at the start of week two during a plenary session. Each winner will receive an official certificate and will be invited to give a short speech to inspire and motivate the audience.
IWA will recognise outstanding professionals within the following categories:
- The IWA Global Water Award recognises those individuals who, through innovative leadership and practice, have made a significant contribution to a world in which water is wisely managed. The winner in this prestigious category will also deliver a keynote speech during the Digital World Water Congress.
- The IWA Women in Water Award celebrates the work of women in the field of water. The award recognises the key role played by women, but also seeks to encourage greater inclusion and female leadership in the water sector.
- The Professional Development Award recognises water sector companies that are making a significant contribution to the professional development of their employees, supporting the attraction, development and retention of the next generation of water leaders.
- The IWA Young Leadership Award is granted to an exceptional young water professional who demonstrates significant achievements in their career, outstanding leadership and potential to play an influential role in the water industry in the future. Renowned scientist and engineer Dr. Siddhartha Roy has already been announced as the award winner.
- The IWA Membership Awards reward the achievements of IWA members who make significant contributions to the association and water industry. The membership awards are as follows: the Honorary Membership, Outstanding Service, Outstanding Contribution to Water Management & Science, and the Outstanding Contribution to Industry Award.
The industry-leading Digital World Water Congress will take place virtually from 24 May – 4 June 2021. The digital congress has an extensive programme covering the full water cycle from water resources to wastewater treatment, as well as networking and much more. Registration is now open for the event, which has already attracted significant interest from across the sector.
Find out more and register at digital.worldwatercongress.org