This course is aimed at everyone with an interest in entrepreneurship and innovation.
Throughout the course you’ll be exposed to an in-depth analysis of four applied case studies of successful ventures as well as both theoretical and applied frameworks helping you to better design and govern your organization. To begin, we recommend you take a few minutes to explore our website. Click on Course Content on the left to see what material we’ll cover each of the four modules. You can also preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see the forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum!
This course should take you about 4 weeks to complete. By the time you finish it, you’ll have learned to:
• Evaluate the value-creating potential of your business idea and design the business model that is best suited to capture this value
• Manage talent and creativity by structuring the right incentives for existing employees as well as design strategies to retain and attract the very best talent
• Design formal organization structures that fit with the strategy of your business and the culture of your organization
• Understand and manage norms guiding behavior in organizations
• Recognize and manage bottlenecks hampering organizational growth