The course is designed for professionals actively involved in wetland management and/or wastewater treatment. They may be working in organisations responsible for water treatment or responsible for wetland conservation/sustainable use of wetlands. Targeted are also those who have an interest in onsite wastewater treatment for small communities.
This online course deals with the basic principles of wastewater treatment in constructed wetlands and enables the participants at the end of the course to make a proper design of their own wetland system for wastewater treatment.
Upon completion, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of wastewater treatment
- Distinguish the functions of the different compartments in the constructed wetland
- Apply the concept of constructed wetlands to wastewater treatment
- Evaluate the importance of operation and maintenance
- Design a constructed wetland treatment system