This course is for students, new professionals in the sector, academics, consultants, end-users from various industries who are interested in anaerobic wastewater treatment.
The course presents state-of-the-art technology, focusing on sludge bed reactor systems. It also introduces the diagnostic tools used to determine the reasons for any sub-optimal performance. Sometimes anaerobic reactors suffer from sudden failures.
You will learn how to perform a diagnosis on the anaerobic reactor and evaluate why failures are experienced and decide what remedial action is required to restore the full potential benefit of the anaerobic system. During the course, you will have the opportunity to interact with peers from different countries and institutions working in the field. You will receive feedback from the lecturer and have the chance to work together with other course members on a case-study on which Prof. Dr. Jules van Lier will elaborate further. The connection to industry partners will give you the chance to be acquainted with the world’s top suppliers of anaerobic technology and discuss your views with other experts.
This online course includes:
• Virtual excursion to an anaerobic wastewater treatment plant
• Virtual lab tour: explanation of SMA and BMP tests in the lab
• Webinars and feedback from Prof. Dr. Jules van Lier
• Professional Education Certificate
This course is primarily geared towards working professionals.
• Expected prior knowledge
• Basic knowledge of (bio)chemistry, chemical conversions, redox reactions, formation of precipitates
• Knowledge of wastewater treatment in general
• Basic knowledge of process design and reactor technology