13th IWA Conference on Instrumentation, Control and Automation
ICA has been an active area in the water industry and within the IWA since the 1970’s. The quadrennial ICA conference series has always been a milestone in moving the water industry towards more efficient and more robust operation and improved water quality. With the rapid development in the Internet of Things (IoT), digital transformation of the industry, and the expanded use of devices and applications, there are exponential increases in data creation and availability. The potential and challenges associated with ICA are greater than ever.
ICA2022 will provide an international forum to exchange knowledge, methodologies, and experience on all aspects of ICA for water/ wastewater treatment and transport. Specific topics of the conference will include but not limited to sensors and instrumentation systems, online monitoring and control, modelling and simulation, early warning, information systems, decision support, risk assessment, big data, internet of things and smart water systems.
This year, ICA returns to Asia after Busan 2005. It will be the first ICA conference in China. ICA2022 is organized by Tsinghua University and The University of Queensland, and will be held virtually on Oct 17-21, 2022. We look forward to receiving your submissions, and joining us this October to extend our discussion of water-system ICA in this digital era.
- Sensors and instrumentation systems
- On-line monitoring and control of wastewater collection (sewer networks) and treatment systems
- On-line monitoring and control of water treatment and distribution systems
- On-line monitoring and control of advanced water treatment systems for water recycling and reuse
- On-line monitoring of river quality
- Plants wide control and automation
- Integrated control of sewers and wastewater treatment plants
- Modelling and simulation for control and operation
- Early warning, fault detection and diagnosis, and fault-tolerant control
- Information systems for operation and control
- Decision support systems
- Risk assessment
- Big data
- Internet of Things
- Smart water systems