IWA is a key partner in PrimeWater (Delivering Advanced Predictive Tools from Medium to Seasonal Range for Water Dependent Industries Exploiting the Cross-Cutting Potential of Earth-Observation and Hydro-Ecological Modelling), a project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.
Building on advanced Earth-Observation (EO) data products, integration with additional data sources and diagnostic modelling tools, PrimeWater provides decisions to public and private sector regarding:
- Increased situational intelligence
- Enhanced predictive and early warning capabilities
- Adaptive management of water resources
Four full-scale international case studies (Europe, USA and Australia) address different perspectives of the water circle management (water resources management, environmental protection and potable water supply production) to ensure that PrimeWater meets specific user requirements.
For more information please visit primewater.eu
PrimeWater and IWA members
IWA leads the communication and dissemination activities of the project and the efforts to reach new markets, through the establishment of a Community of Practice (CoP). IWA also assists the identification of end-user needs and ensures that PrimeWater products respond to these needs.
How are IWA members engaged?
- Several organisations in the consortium are members of IWA.
- Participating to the advisory group (Multi-user Panel, MuP): the MuP is used for user engagement, co-generation of Earth Observation (EO) services for water quality, and mutual learning involving the scientific community, purveyors and users.
- Participating to the Community of Practice (CoP): the CoP is used to facilitate co-design, co-creation and co-evaluation of technologies, to improve the dissemination of the project outcomes and increase understanding of EO and their integration with other technologies in the water resources management field.
How to engage?
- Stay in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the discussion and share your insights on IWA Connect Use of Earth Observation Data for Improved Water Management group! Help us get the conversation started!
- Follow PrimeWater on social media: @PrimeWater_EU; @PrimeWater
What are the benefits to IWA members?
PrimeWater connects water professionals and organisations, facilitating knowledge exchange, providing a platform for consolidation and communication of information for the water sector and beyond.
PrimeWater has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under Grant Agreement No 870497.