Volunteer Opportunity: Young Rapporteurs for the Emerging Water Leaders Forum 2023
Do you want to develop your skills, build your network and learn from your peers and water industry experts within the context of building a climate and water-resilient future? Then, this volunteer opportunity is for you!
The International Water Association (IWA) Secretariat and the Emerging Water Leaders Forum Organising Committee are seeking ten (10) committed Young Water Professionals (YWPs) to act as rapporteurs during the 2023 Emerging Water Leaders Forum, taking place on 13 December 2023 in Kigali, Rwanda.
Deadline: 3 November 2023
Joining the 2023 Emerging Water Leaders Forum as a rapporteur is an excellent learning and networking opportunity. You will get the opportunity to:
- Develop your professional network by working in a YWP team during the Forum and connecting with session chairs, speakers, and exhibitors
- Build your profile by being included as a contributor in the final report produced for the Forum as part of the IWA Water & Development Congress
- Improve your skills including writing, interviewing, consolidating and capturing key messages.
Tasks of the YWP rapporteurs
Rapporteurs will have the task of capturing key messages, images and feedback from each Forum session in the form of a report. The official language of the reports is English. You will be provided with guidelines and steps to be able to prepare the key messages and content that will be shared with the IWA community.
Prior to the Forum, you will meet each other and the Rapporteur Coordinator online. Together, you will develop a schedule in which you will be assigned to attend certain sessions of the EWL Forum. Your tasks will include:
- Preparing for sessions and interviews ahead of the Forum
- Connecting with session chairs and getting involved in preparations for the Forum
- Attending sessions, interviews, etc. and taking notes based on the provided guidance
- Meeting your team at the end of the day onsite to consolidate notes
- Supporting the production of the final two-page outcome
To be eligible, candidates should:
- Be under 35 years of age
- Be registered for and attend the 2023 IWA Water & Development Congress and Exhibition (click here to register)
- Have experience in writing, reporting, summarising key messages from meetings events, or workshops.
The rapporteurs will be selected based on various diversity principles to ensure balance in geographical representation, gender, expertise and backgrounds. Priority will be given to IWA YWP members with an active membership.
How to Apply
If you want to apply for this volunteer opportunity, please fill out the online form. Make sure to complete your application by 3 November 2023.
This is a volunteer opportunity and does not imply any form of work agreement. As such, rapporteurs will be required to cover their own travel and registration expenses. This opportunity will only take up one day of volunteering on 13 December, allowing participants to engage in many other sessions and activities during the IWA Water & Development Congress and Exhibition.
If you have any questions regarding this volunteer opportunity, please contact Isabela Espindola, IWA Membership Engagement Senior Officer.