Call for volunteers – Emerging Water Leaders Forum
IWA Secretariat is seeking Young Water Professionals (YWP) with active IWA membership to volunteer as part of the 2023 IWA Emerging Waters Leader (EWL) Forum Programme Committee (PC).
The primary responsibility and duties of the PC are to develop and ensure the quality of the scientific and technical programme for the IWA EWL Forum which will be held during the IWA Water and Development Congress & Exhibition on 10-14 December 2023 in Kigali, Rwanda. Volunteers will benefit from this experience by being able to apply their water industry knowledge and shape one of the major events in the sector dedicated to young water professionals.
The PC shall normally have 10 members, plus the IWA YWP SC Chair, the local YWP Country Chapter representative, and the IWA Secretariat representative. Additional members may be added as required to fulfil specific tasks.
Members of the PC will be selected based on the following diversity principles:
- A balance of geographical representation, endeavouring to have each major continental area represented. To ensure the needs of the local water sector are represented, the composition of the 2023 IWA EWL Forum PC will include 60% representatives from Africa and 40% representatives from other parts of the world (ideally from low- and middle-income countries);
- A balance between research and practice, science, technology, and management;
- A balance of interest/expertise between advanced and developing country interests and technologies;
- A balance of technical expertise to represent the full range of subject matter addressed by the Association and discussed during the IWA Water and Development Congress;
- A balance of gender.
- 19 June 2023 – Online call for applications open
- 3 July 2023 – Close of the call for applications
- July 2023 – Shortlisted candidates are notified
- August 2023 – Online publication of the selected YWPs to compose the PC
- August – December 2023 – Activities related to the organisation of the Forum
- December 2023 – Forum in Kigali, Rwanda
If you want to apply for this volunteer position, fill out the form available here.
Deadline to fill the form: 3 July 2023 (successful applicants will be notified in August).
This is a volunteer position and does not include any form of work agreement. If you have any questions regarding this volunteer opportunity, please contact Isabela Espindola, IWA Membership Engagement Senior Officer.