Nominations for the IWA Strategic Council 2019
Are you an IWA member? And would you like to be more involved in the strategic direction of the Association? We are currently looking for IWA members that would like to integrate the next mandate of the IWA Strategic Council.
The International Water Association Strategic Council renews around one third of its membership every two years. The process for the election of the Strategic Council 2019 starts today. The IWA looks forward to recieve the candidatures amongst its members for 14 positions available in the IWA Strategic Council.
The IWA Strategic Council (SC) provides advice to the IWA Governing Assembly, the Board of Directors and the Executive Director regarding long-range issues, strategic plans, and activities that will further the Association’s goals and objectives. In addition the Strategic Council assists in the coordination of the work of various specialist groups, task groups, clusters, task forces and other working groups of the Association.
All members of the Council should be members of IWA, either individually or as a nominated representative via their employer. (If you haven’t renewed for 2019 please do so via IWA Connect.)
For full details of the role (SC terms of reference) and membership of the Strategic Council, please visit https://iwa-network.org/about-us/
There are a total of 14 Open Seats for the 2019 Strategic Council Election, in the following segments:
- Industrial Water Users (1)
- Utility – General (1), Young Water Professional (1), Low and Middle Income Countries (1) – The IWA Country classification can be accessed online.
- Consultant – General (1)
- Regulator – General (1)
- Other segments (1)
- Equipment Manufacturers (1)
- Specialist Groups (6)
How to apply
If you qualify for one of the open seat categories and are also interested in nominating yourself to the Strategic Council, please fill out this form (which will take five minutes approximately) before 17.00 (CET), 1 March 2019 (It will need your valid IWA Membership number to complete this online form)
After the self-nomination, several steps will follow:
- All nominations for the seats of Specialist Groups (SG) will be sent to the selected SG for possible endorsement.
- All other nominations will be sent to the selected IWA Governing Member (GM) for possible endorsement (for those do not have IWA GM in the country/region you work, please choose an IWA GM from the list (e.g. neighboring country/region or birth country) for possible endorsement).
- An electronic voting process will follow with GMs or SGs to vote for the open seats, respectively.
- Then the voting results will be submitted to IWA Board for consideration and potential approval.
More information about IWA governing members please click here.
* Please note that the nominations received later than 17:00 (CET) 1 March 2019 will not be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted in July 2019.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org