IWA Members interested on Wastewater & sanitation issues. Leading academics and policy specialists
World Water Day is celebrated every year on March 22. It is a day to focus attention on the key importance of our planet's freshwater resources and to push for greater recognition of their sustainable management. Each year’s theme is proposed by UN-Water and is part of a broader campaign that highlights the complex role of water in our daily lives. World Water Day is a crucial opportunity to reflect and act.
- Launch of the 2017 World Water Development Report (WWDR) on 'Wastewater: The untapped resource', highlighting the linkages between wastewater and industry
- Understanding the urban-rural relationship in water reuse for irrigated agriculture
- Emerging threats posed by pharmaceuticals wastes and pollutants in the aquatic environment
- Water utilities’ role in managing wastewater
- Release of an upcoming OECD report on policy solutions to diffuse pollution sources in wastewater