This is a multidisciplinary MSc bringing together expertise in areas such as conservation, biology, ecosystems and geoscience. In response to the needs of employers, it also takes an integrated approach to land and water management. Our teaching is underpinned by latest research and we place an emphasis on linking theory to live case studies.
You will explore aspects of contaminated land including legislation and regulation, identification of environmental issues, analysis and remediation, and human health exposure assessment. You will also focus on the environmental monitoring and assessment of freshwater, prevention and control of contamination, drinking water quality and flood defence.
You will study modules such as:
- Contaminated Land and Remediation
- Freshwater Management
- Independent Scholarly Activity in Conservation, Biology and Ecosystems
You will also choose four of these modules:
- Critical Issues in the Environment (online module
- Practical Training-Based Placement module
- Ecological Surveying
- Analytical Methods for Ecologists
- Habitat Management
- Environmental Management: Critical Perspectives
- Waste Management Control (online module)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (online module)