For everyone who wants to learn how to build, run, and animate flood models using the free HEC-RAS software
Using the latest version 5.0 of HEC-RAS, this week-long series of courses covers basic, intermediate and advanced levels across both 1D and 2D.
HEC-RAS is recognized as an industry standard hydraulic modeling program that is widely used throughout the world.
The 1-day courses run consecutively through the week, enabling attendees to join any combination of the courses.This week consists of five courses, run consecutively, and you can attend any combination of courses with respect to your level of experience and understanding.
Course attendees will learn to build, run, and animate flood models using the free HEC-RAS software.
Understand the methods used by HEC-RAS software in modelling channel and flood plain storage
– Learn about unsteady flow and sediment transport analyses
– Undertake hands-on HEC-RAS modelling exercises with full instruction
– Know how to consult with modellers and to engage with management regarding HEC-RAS models
– Recognise the “point of diminishing return” in a model construction and implementation
– Learn troubleshooting and computational optimisation techniques
– Learn how to scope model development and review model results provided by others